Saturday, July 10, 2010

Last Day to Play... ALL Day!







Om Shanti~
A hike to Tiger Falls leads you to the Om Shanti yoga studio.. one of two uncovered platforms.

Took the mountain bike then hiked into Om Shanti to dance (Natarajasana) in the middle of the jungle. Actually no one was here, so I did a totally nude practice cuz it's so humid, I didn't want my clothes to be soaked. Most of the groups have left the property, so there is no yoga scheduled for me to teach today. YIPPEE!! We get to enjoy this last day here and discover a few other places. The plan is to head to King Vulture lookout and hope to get lucky and see a pair of recently released Orange Breast Falcons (OFB). We have an open invitation to go to the hack site where they are now nursing some baby falcons for release in the next 6-8 weeks. Did you see these cute birds? Unfortunately, we can't make it to the OFB project's base camp because the rain has made the roads so treacherous, only ATV's can make it up there and we have no transportation. :(

I'll have to wait to see Tikal. The 'almost' trip to Guatemala is not happening. We had hoped to tag along with a couple who plans to go see the ruins, but they've decided to journey there on Monday. Which only means, I have to come back! :)

One of the most memorable experiences is waking each morning to an orchestra of birdsong. The birds are so abundant here and they are so lively in the morning, it's not only a sight to see this property with so many varieties fluttering and perching about, but to hear the meliflous tones.

I've often stayed in bed upon waking and done my morning meditation laying there, as opposed to getting up and sitting. Today, however, I got up extra early, did my practice to candlelight and meditated to their song.

It will be a day of sunshine here after two overcast days and rain off and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment