Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Zip Line and stuff











After Yoga it's never a dull moment. Took a tour of the Barton Creek Caves... we canoed into the dark abyss of a 10-mile cave loaded with bats, human sacrificial remains--seriously-- we saw a skull that's calcified into the walls. Apparently the Mayans would do their sacred and sacrificial ceremonies at the entry parts of these caves... this cave we were in is a relatively new discovery. Seems lots of new excavation and discovery is going on in this region (Cayo district). It's quite exciting for the locals and a gift to us, as visitors! We went ziplining later. It was my first time and what an amazing adrenaline rush it is. I have decided I need to go skydiving! Finished the day out with a post-excursion Yin yoga class before dinner. I think I needed it more than the group. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment