Monday, March 14, 2011

First Class view vs. Local immersion in the end Love

First Class ride & view of the countryside.

Here are the outskirts of New Delhi to Haridwar. Final destination point was Rishikesh.


I was served coffee, tea, water, breakfast, more tea and then fruits. I sat in a comfy air-conditioned cabin as I looked at the poverty, hunger and homeless from a clean window. I sat next to a businessman from the UK. I tried to make conversation on the who-what-where-why... he didn't want to be bothered.

Look closer...



If you look closely you will see people squatting alongside the railroad tracks (:18 mark) Do you know why? They are using the 'bathroom'. They are those who are homeless, and sleeping among the muck you see. The Indian government does have a trash/waste service, but they're so far behind it'd take billions and whole army several years to clean it all up. The people here who beg, are really, truly, begging for sustenance...for life. This brought me to tears deep in my core.

Local Class ride & view of the countryside. On my way back from Rishikesh, I took a local car out of Haridwar back to New Delhi because there were no seats available in First Class. Here I discovered India, it's people and its Soul.



We shared the food all around us. The beautiful woman sitting in pink, across me, shared oranges with us. She was fasting that day. She fed us all.




This group of friends on their way back from Rishikesh became my instant friends. Pamma near the windo, Viky (Davinder... he is a doctor). They have the better videos by far. They bought me peanuts when we boarded and then a rish dish of food at a later stop.

















These people became my friends. These guys made themselves remote protectors of me... they email every day asking me where I am and how is my trip is going. They want to see photos. And they pray it is good for me and I am happy and safe. One is instructing me he says, how to approach things in the right way... he says... not because he's a fan of yoga, but because: " i'm your frd not fan and frd guide right way "

I am crying at thoughts of leaving this place. I shared this with Vicky on my last night in Delhi via email, and he said that he is crying with me and said: "and one last word again for you.. you are a good woman and your heart is indian and you are one only one."

But he is just one representation of everyone I have met. The families I have stayed with.
All have been guiding me along this journey.

They are texting me every day asking my whereabouts... passing along prayers for a safe and enjoyable trip; being punctual about having me message them when I arrive.. wanting to know every step of my way... how it is going and thanking God for it all.... just over and over and over again... blessing me over and over... saying hello in the morning and wishing me good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment