Saturday, March 5, 2011

PHOTOS, Photos, Clicks, clicks!

LODHI GARDEN ~ (New Delhi)


FIRST Opportunity to upload photos.
Been in cyber cafes, but not w/ my own computer to share the pics.. or clicks, as they call photos here.


Leaving Denver, CO


Sunita... my first Indian Mother who adopted me. She sat next to me on the plane. Made me put my feet on her lap so I could rest comfortably on the 14.5hr flight. She is so beautiful! We shared food and stories and then big hugs and tears, tears, tears upon departure at the baggage claim. Sunita refused to let me carry my carry-on into the airport. She said I was a guest to her home. And when we set foot in the airport she gave thanks and said: Welcome to my home, our Country!




Mudras greet you when you descend on the escalators to Immigration Counters



My first bedroom in New Delhi


View from my bedroom


Lodhi Garden~












There are countless photos of this place. It's like the central park of New York.


























THIS IS A LOCAL BUS.. and the food service. Then there was my first class train ride from New Delhi to Haridwar and the meal: egg white omlet, bread and butter, some tea (chai) andBus station in Haridwar... took a local bus to Rishikesh for 22Rs- which is less than 50 cents for a 25km trip

No comments:

Post a Comment