Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Downloaded the Upgrade. Moving Onward and Upward

Rain came this afternoon. Guess it's time to leave Rishikesh.
Funny, as the rain has been the sign for me upon each arrival to a new place, and upon my departures. I had just finished booking my train ticket to Patiala (in the Punjab State in NW India) when the afternoon rain began.

So I'll reconnect with my friend, Jasjit and his family and go to Amritsar, of which you see pictured here.

This morning, I was still wondering about all I've been experiencing here ( in Rishikesh) and absorbing with and without my knowing and now I know. As I walked across the bridge at Laxman Juhl to meet a friend for dinner... I realized, I didn't want to hike up in the dark to the organic, Ayurvedic restaurant that's supposed to be really, super nice... and instead, I turned around and went to this local place that I saw some ashram volunteer walk into last night. I figured it has to be the local favorite.

And I got LUCKY.... yes, very lucky!! I met Dave "Lucky", from Israel... and we shared an amazing hour or more... ((who's counting the time, as there is none)).... and now I know why I was supposed to come to Rishikesh. It was to have this conversation with him. Nothing more.
He was just sitting there, waiting for me. He had already eaten. How to explain this meeting of an unknown, but all too well known. ??

I was wondering earlier in the day why I was here in Rishikesh.. I came under the idea I'd be attending the International Yoga Festival. I will not. The festival is now officially underway. The team of people I had planned to work with to help do a documentary and interview yogi teachers... did not go as planned, and with that, I decided to move on, even though I could stay in this nice little haven along the river and the mountains, just a skip away from Nepal.

Nothing is by accident. I keep noticing. And now, again, another confirmation. You are always where you are supposed to be. The timing is perfect. And what you need you get. So stop 'wanting'... heh.. that's what I'm discovering more and more.

Yes, Dave and I met.... again... but for the first time. And he will meet me in Bangalore when I arrive there to work with the team that has miraculously come together as well. Seems like, the network is weaving itself. Very cool. And well.... some things are just so precious, they are better left unsaid.

---It is now Morning-- The rain Poured the bring in the day. I just finished an Ayurvedic/Swedish massage by a young man named Suno. I feel great! Ready for the trip to Punjab.

No comments:

Post a Comment