Monday, February 21, 2011

Bang-a-Lore! I'm here with Lakshmi

I'm in Bangalore right now and super STOKED!!! Bangalore.. the Silicon Valley of India.

My teacher, brother, friend, Natesh, picked me up at the airport. Two years ago we met on FB and said 'one day' we will meet in person. But we knew then, we already knew each other for lifetimes. Love him. So when we met today, all we did was laugh and laugh and laugh. We are still laughing, he can't believe I'm here and neither can I.

So.. Bangalore.. What a BANG.. and much folk LORE to be told for ages., I'm sure.

I'm at Natesh's house.. a Jain Temple across the street is blaring--b-l-a-r-i-n-gggg Bhajan's as the band is practicing for some celebration tonight. He lives on Lakshmi Street... wow.. LAKSHMI... Abundance.. what an omen. The Goddess of Wealth and Beauty. Perfectly Awesome.

I'm supposed to be 'resting' or taking a nap.
((everyone here, BTW, is always telling me to 'rest'))

Uh... how? Music is so loud, it's great! Feel like I'm in India now. He lives in the center of the center of Bangalore and it's buzzing. I FEEL like I'm somewhere different. There is a puja room (home temple) outside my bedroom door with my favorite Yogi on the wall: Shiva. He's the ultimate Yogi, cuz he destroys in order to transform. Kinda like Jesus said: Gotta lose everything to gain everything. Love that.

My room is awesome too. Just over the headboard of my bed is the Buddha in padmasana (lotus seated position) sporting mudras; the weather is WARM on the verge of getting hot.. I'm walking on marble floors barefoot and it feels great... I'm in heaven.. I feel home, in a way... finally.... ready to rock and roll and open up... I love being here.. just love it...

Met his two beautiful children. Ate a new dish for lunch: rice, cilantro, green grapes, cashews, golden raisins, jalepenos, cumin and curds. It is mighty tasty. Still eating here... still eating... Lord help me.

1 comment:

  1. Life is bliss when you open to the infinite possibilities! You are so good at this! Can't wait to hear more and one day join you goddess! Aum Namah Shivaya!

    ReplyDelete